This patch implements Refish as new OOB driver for Drydock. All the existing Drydock Orchestrator actions are implemented. Change-Id: I31d653fb41189a18c34cfafb0f490ca4f4d661b5
|3 years ago|
|kubernetes||3 years ago|
|node||3 years ago|
|oob||3 years ago|
|__init__.py||3 years ago|
|driver.py||3 years ago|
|readme.md||3 years ago|
Drivers are downstream actors that Drydock will use to actually execute orchestration actions. It is intended to be a pluggable architecture so that various downstream automation can be used. A driver must implement all actions even if the implementation is effectively a no-op.
The oob drivers will interface with physical servers' out-of-band management system (e.g. Dell iDRAC, HP iLO, etc...). OOB management will be used for setting a system to use PXE boot and power cycling servers.
- ConfigNodePxe - Where available, configure PXE boot options (e.g. PXE interface)
- SetNodeBoot - Set boot source (PXE, hard disk) of a node
- PowerOffNode - Power down a node
- PowerOnNode - Power up a node
- PowerCycleNode - Power cycle a node
- InterrogateOob - Interrogate a node's OOB interface. Resultant data is dependent on what functionality is implemented for a particular OOB interface
The node drivers will interface with an external bootstrapping system for loading the base OS on a server and configuring hardware, network, and storage.
- CreateNetworkTemplate - Configure site-wide network information in bootstrapper
- CreateStorageTemplate - Configure site-wide storage information in bootstrapper
- CreateBootMedia - Ensure all needed boot media is available to the bootstrapper including external repositories
- PrepareHardwareConfig - Prepare the bootstrapper to handle all hardware configuration actions (firmware updates, RAID configuration, driver installation)
- IdentifyNode - Correlate a node definition in the Drydock internal model with a node detected by the downstream node bootstrapper.
- ConfigureHardware - Update and validate all hardware configurations on a node prior to deploying the OS on it
- InterrogateNode - Interrogate the bootstrapper about node information. Depending on the current state of the node, this interrogation will produce different information.
- ApplyNodeNetworking - Configure networking for a node
- ApplyNodeStorage - Configure storage for a node
- ApplyNodePlatform - Configure stream and kernel options for a node
- DeployNode - Deploy the OS to a node
- DestroyNode - Take steps to bring a node back to a blank undeployed state
The network drivers will interface with switches for managing port configuration to support the bootstrapping of physical nodes. This is not intended to be a network provisioner, but instead is a support driver for node bootstrapping where temporary changes to network configurations are required.
- InterrogatePort - Request information about the current configuration of a network port
- ConfigurePortProvisioning - Configure a network port in provisioning (PXE) mode
- ConfigurePortProduction - Configure a network port in production (configuration post-deployment) mode