Currently the Dockerfile specifies running `pip install -e ...`, which
will indirectly install dependencies from `requirements.txt`. This is
generally safe, but should be avoided, since we are exclusively using
This change includes several interconnected features:
* Migration to Deckhand-based configuration. This is integrated here,
because new configuration data were needed, so it would have been
wasted effort to either implement it in the old format or to update
the old configuration data to Dechkand format.
* Failing faster with stronger validation. Migration to Deckhand
configuration was a good opportunity to add schema validation, which
is a requirement in the near term anyway. Additionally, rendering
all templates up front adds an additional layer of "fail-fast".
* Separation of certificate generation and configuration assembly into
different commands. Combined with Deckhand substitution, this creates
a much clearer distinction between Promenade configuration and
* Migration of components to charts. This is a key step that will
enable support for dynamic node management. Additionally, this paves
the way for significant configurability in component deployment.
* Version of kubelet is configurable & controlled via download url.
* Restructuring templates to be more intuitive. Many of the templates
require changes or deletion due to the migration to charts.
* Installation of pre-configured useful tools on hosts, including calicoctl.
* DNS is now provided by coredns, which is highly configurable.
* remove old files
* sketch of non-bootkube genesis
* add basic chroot/bootstrap script
* cleanup kubectl/kubelet fetching
* fix cni bin asset path
* add non-pod asset loader
* add example ca
* refactor key gen/distribution
* flannel up on genesis
* refactor some code toward join
* WIP: last commit working on "self-hosted, helm-managed"
* first pass at consolidating config for vanilla deploy
* refactor cli a bit
* use provided cluster ca
* separate genesis and join scripts
* add basic etcd joining
* actually run the proxy everywhere
* update readme
* enable kubelet service
* add pki most places
* use consistent sa keypair
* use quay.io/attcomdev/promenade
* fix typo in n3
* tls everywhere in kubernetes
* tls for etcd
* remove currently unused files