Adds options to the configuration of Shipyard to direct oslo_policy to the location of the /etc/shipyard/policy.yaml file (default location) allowing for override of default policies via chart or chart override. Change-Id: I5cf68994c40aa835a631f5b6f67363a2b8a8af0a
|4 years ago|
|charts/shipyard||4 years ago|
|docs||4 years ago|
|etc/shipyard||5 years ago|
|images||4 years ago|
|src/bin||4 years ago|
|tools||4 years ago|
|.dockerignore||5 years ago|
|.editorconfig||5 years ago|
|.gitignore||5 years ago|
|.gitreview||5 years ago|
|.zuul.yaml||4 years ago|
|LICENSE||5 years ago|
|Makefile||4 years ago|
|README.rst||5 years ago|
|requirements.readthedocs.txt||5 years ago|
|tox.ini||4 years ago|
Shipyard adopts the Falcon web framework and uses Apache Airflow as the backend engine to programmatically author, schedule and monitor workflows.
The current workflow is as follows:
- Initial region/site data will be passed to Shipyard from either a human operator or Jenkins
- The data (in YAML format) will be sent to Deckhand for validation and storage
- Shipyard will make use of the post-processed data from DeckHand to interact with Drydock.
- Drydock will interact with Promenade to provision and deploy bare metal nodes using Ubuntu MAAS and a resilient Kubernetes cluster will be created at the end of the process
- Once the Kubernetes clusters are up and validated to be working properly, Shipyard will interact with Armada to deploy OpenStack using OpenStack Helm
- Once the OpenStack cluster is deployed, Shipyard will trigger a workflow to perform basic sanity health checks on the cluster
Note: This project, along with the tools used within are community-based and open sourced.
The goal for Shipyard is to provide a customizable framework for operators and developers alike. This framework will enable end-users to orchestrate and deploy a fully functional container-based Cloud.
This project is under development at the moment. We encourage anyone who is interested in Shipyard to review our documentation.
If you find a bug, please feel free to create a Storyboard issue.