This site is created in order to utilize the multinode development
environment alongside the global and type manifests in Treasure map.
To accomplish this, the new seaworthy-virt site is a copy of the
airship-seaworthy site but with as many overrides and removed
pieces as necessary.
Warning: Nameserver limits were exceeded, some nameservers have been omitted,
the applied nameserver line is: 10.96.0.10 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206
Removing 3rd DNS server entry fixes the issue.
Sloop type/site is a minimalistic approach to Airship with reduced
requirements towards hardware and external dependencies while keeping
all the functional features.
Major differences compared to reference site airship-seaworthy
- Two bare-metal server setup with 1 control, and 1 compute.
Most components are scaled to a single replica and doesn't carry
any HA as there is only a single control plane host.
- No requirements for DNS/certificates.
HTTP and internal cluster DNS is used.
- Ceph set to use the single (root) disk. This generally
provides minimalistic no-touch ceph deployment.
No replication of ceph data (single copy).
- Simplified networking (no bonding).
Two network interfaces are used by default (flat PXE, and DATA network
with VLANs for OAM, Calico, Storage, and OpenStack Overlay)
- Generic hostnames used (airsloop-control-1, airsloop-compute-1) that
simplifies generation of k8s certificates
- Usage of standard Ubuntu 16.04 GA kernel (as oppose to HWE)