Since support for additional operating systems has been added to some
components, the image tag "latest" is no longer used by their Makefiles.
This commit changes the tags for the aforementioned components to use
the new default tag and updates the job name to reflect the use of
Currently, Airskiff deploys a custom manifest defined in
tools/deployment/airskiff/manifests/airship.yaml to boostrap Airship
components. This exempts Airskiff from the daily version uplift process
and causes a divergence from the global UCP charts. This commit updates
the Airskiff bootstrap process to use the existing UCP charts at the
Sloop type/site is a minimalistic approach to Airship with reduced
requirements towards hardware and external dependencies while keeping
all the functional features.
Major differences compared to reference site airship-seaworthy
- Two bare-metal server setup with 1 control, and 1 compute.
Most components are scaled to a single replica and doesn't carry
any HA as there is only a single control plane host.
- No requirements for DNS/certificates.
HTTP and internal cluster DNS is used.
- Ceph set to use the single (root) disk. This generally
provides minimalistic no-touch ceph deployment.
No replication of ceph data (single copy).
- Simplified networking (no bonding).
Two network interfaces are used by default (flat PXE, and DATA network
with VLANs for OAM, Calico, Storage, and OpenStack Overlay)
- Generic hostnames used (airsloop-control-1, airsloop-compute-1) that
simplifies generation of k8s certificates
- Usage of standard Ubuntu 16.04 GA kernel (as oppose to HWE)
- Fix missing k8s IP for etcd certs
- Fix release groups for wait labels
- Fix versions that changed since initial manfiests
- Fix barbican override to use loci image
- Add re-generated certs
- Adjust partitions for host profiles