Sloop type/site is a minimalistic approach to Airship with reduced
requirements towards hardware and external dependencies while keeping
all the functional features.
Major differences compared to reference site airship-seaworthy
- Two bare-metal server setup with 1 control, and 1 compute.
Most components are scaled to a single replica and doesn't carry
any HA as there is only a single control plane host.
- No requirements for DNS/certificates.
HTTP and internal cluster DNS is used.
- Ceph set to use the single (root) disk. This generally
provides minimalistic no-touch ceph deployment.
No replication of ceph data (single copy).
- Simplified networking (no bonding).
Two network interfaces are used by default (flat PXE, and DATA network
with VLANs for OAM, Calico, Storage, and OpenStack Overlay)
- Generic hostnames used (airsloop-control-1, airsloop-compute-1) that
simplifies generation of k8s certificates
- Usage of standard Ubuntu 16.04 GA kernel (as oppose to HWE)
This adapts manifests to be in line of using git reference
for refering to global/secrets repos instead of versioned folders.