The performance of /v2/recordsets API was found slow when
filtering on large amount of recordsets. The patch proposes
the following ways to improve the performance,
and was tested with 1M recordsets.
1. To explicitly mention a correct table index in sql queries
for different sort keys and filtering keys.
We found mysql optimizer is not able to choose the most suitable index;
2. Introduce a new header 'OpenStack-DNS-Hide-Counts' to give operators
the flexibility of showing total_count or not, because we found that
the count query does not scale well on a large amount of records.
Performance results are at: https://gist.github.com/jamesyli/2eb9fb474a493477a9beb42fe122180f
"Retrived" should be "Retrieved"
The main reason for the change of the variable name ,
is to solve the problem of compile:
line too long (80 > 79 characters)
Previous to this patch, the multiple actions on `recordset.records`
was causing the changes fields to lose changes.
Here's a log of the unit tests failing on master:
line #50: s/contributers/contributors
line #52: s/familar/familiar
line #95: s/desiered/desired
line #96: s/paramaters/parameters
line #242: s/functionaility/functionality
line #243: s/functionaility/functionality
Replace dict.itervalues() with dict.values(). The Python 3 dict
type has no itervalues() method, the old itervalues() method was
renamed to values().
This change will allow users to define seperate
formats for ipv4 and ipv6 addresses.
this requires formatv4 and formatv6 to de defined in
designate.conf instead of format.
format has been marked depricated
Implements: blueprint different-format-for-ipv4-and-ipv6
When an exception was caught and rethrown, it should call 'raise'
without any arguments because it shows the place where an exception
occured initially instead of place where the exception re-raised.
Now that there is a passing gate job, we can claim support for
Python 3.5 in the classifier. This patch also adds the convenience
This adds the quotas api from /admin to /v2 with some changes.
All users can GET /v2/quotas/<project_id>
Users with "All-Projects" permission can view other projects
(by setting X-Auth-All-Projects:True in the HTTP Headers)
Users with "All-Projects" and "set-quotas" can set other
Moved the API rendering to Designate Object based rendering