The openstack Ussuri and Victoria versions no longer support the
Centos7 and pyrhon2 environment packages. Correct the missing
problems in the latest document
(cherry picked from commit 35dea07897)
(cherry picked from commit 77be4c6c69)
(cherry picked from commit 3258e49a5e)
This corrects the URLs in the install documentation. The changes include:
- changing http to https
- changing absolute links to relative links (where applicable)
- updating links (due to doc migrations)
- removing old links
It is true that the existing instructions for other distributions can be
adapted for SUSE, but we can make it even easier by providing
instructions tailored for SUSE.
Names are easier to use for humans, so let's allow them.
The actual name -> UUID convertion happens during validation and its
result is cached for each interface instance.
This change will allow recreating a network without changing Ironic
configuration or setting a network name in advance (e.g. by an installer).
Note that when names are used, an administrator is responsible for ensuring
that no other networks have the same name (names are not unique in Neutron).
The following sections of the legacy install guide were imported:
* Configure Compute to use the Bare Metal service
* Configure Networking to communicate with the bare metal server
* Configure Tenant Networks
* Configure the Bare Metal service for cleaning