This change covers changes to meet the goal of establishing contributor documentation, which Ironic largely already had, but required some enhancement and clarification. This also includes rough context of the PTL duties and revision to the primary repository CONTRIBUTING document, as suggested in some of the goal related discussions. Change-Id: Ia47eb56d7eb3c19c99fa7a61fb5605037dd9ebee Story: #2007236 Task: #38528
Team and repository tags
Ironic consists of an API and plug-ins for managing and provisioning physical machines in a security-aware and fault-tolerant manner. It can be used with nova as a hypervisor driver, or standalone service using bifrost. By default, it will use PXE and IPMI to interact with bare metal machines. Ironic also supports vendor-specific plug-ins which may implement additional functionality.
Ironic is distributed under the terms of the Apache License, Version 2.0. The full terms and conditions of this license are detailed in the LICENSE file.
- Documentation: https://docs.openstack.org/ironic/latest
- Source: https://opendev.org/openstack/ironic
- Bugs: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project/943
- Wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Ironic
- APIs: https://docs.openstack.org/api-ref/baremetal/index.html
- Release Notes: https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/ironic/
- Design Specifications: https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/
Project status, bugs, and requests for feature enhancements (RFEs) are tracked in StoryBoard: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project/943
For information on how to contribute to ironic, see https://docs.openstack.org/ironic/latest/contributor