Change-Id: Icb47ba8b13b13889e28bb285321f11344400edc2 Closes-Bug:#1582618
|7 years ago|
|ansible||7 years ago|
|demos||8 years ago|
|dev||7 years ago|
|doc||7 years ago|
|docker||7 years ago|
|etc||7 years ago|
|kolla||7 years ago|
|releasenotes||7 years ago|
|specs||7 years ago|
|tests||7 years ago|
|tools||7 years ago|
|.gitignore||7 years ago|
|.gitreview||8 years ago|
|.testr.conf||7 years ago|
|LICENSE||9 years ago|
|README.rst||7 years ago|
|loc||8 years ago|
|requirements.txt||7 years ago|
|setup.cfg||7 years ago|
|setup.py||7 years ago|
|test-requirements.txt||7 years ago|
|tox.ini||7 years ago|
The Kolla project is a member of the OpenStack Big Tent Governance. Kolla's mission statement is:
Kolla provides production-ready containers and deployment tools for operating OpenStack clouds.
Kolla provides Docker containers and Ansible playbooks to meet Kolla's mission. Kolla is highly opinionated out of the box, but allows for complete customization. This permits operators with little experience to deploy OpenStack quickly and as experience grows modify the OpenStack configuration to suit the operator's exact requirements.
Learn about Kolla by reading the documentation online docs.openstack.org.
Get started by reading the Developer Quickstart.
Kolla provides images to deploy the following OpenStack projects:
As well as these infrastructure components:
- Ceph implementation for Cinder, Glance and Nova
- Openvswitch and Linuxbridge backends for Neutron
- MongoDB as a database backend for Ceilometer and Gnocchi
- RabbitMQ as a messaging backend for communication between services.
- HAProxy and Keepalived for high availability of services and their endpoints.
- MariaDB and Galera for highly available MySQL databases
- Heka A distributed and scalable logging system for openstack services.
The Docker images are built by the Kolla project maintainers. A detailed process for contributing to the images can be found in the image building guide.
The Kolla developers build images in the kollaglue namespace for every tagged release and implement an Ansible deployment for many but not all of them.
You can view the available images on Docker Hub or with the Docker CLI:
$ sudo docker search kollaglue
- ansible - Contains Ansible playbooks to deploy Kolla in Docker containers.
- demos - Contains a few demos to use with Kolla.
- dev/heat - Contains an OpenStack-Heat based development environment.
- dev/vagrant - Contains a vagrant VirtualBox/Libvirt based development environment.
- doc - Contains documentation.
- etc - Contains a reference etc directory structure which requires configuration of a small number of configuration variables to achieve a working All-in-One (AIO) deployment.
- docker - Contains jinja2 templates for the docker build system.
- tools - Contains tools for interacting with Kolla.
- specs - Contains the Kolla communities key arguments about architectural shifts in the code base.
- tests - Contains functional testing tools.
Need a feature? Find a bug? Let us know! Contributions are much appreciated and should follow the standard Gerrit workflow.
- We communicate using the #openstack-kolla irc channel.
- File bugs, blueprints, track releases, etc on Launchpad.
- Attend weekly meetings.
- Contribute code.
Check out who's contributing code and contributing reviews.