||6 years ago|
|ansible||6 years ago|
|demos||7 years ago|
|dev/vagrant||6 years ago|
|doc||6 years ago|
|docker||6 years ago|
|etc||6 years ago|
|kolla||6 years ago|
|releasenotes||6 years ago|
|specs||6 years ago|
|tests||6 years ago|
|tools||6 years ago|
|.gitignore||6 years ago|
|.gitreview||7 years ago|
|.testr.conf||6 years ago|
|LICENSE||8 years ago|
|README.rst||6 years ago|
|bindep.txt||6 years ago|
|loc||6 years ago|
|requirements.txt||6 years ago|
|setup.cfg||6 years ago|
|setup.py||6 years ago|
|test-requirements.txt||6 years ago|
|tox.ini||6 years ago|
The Kolla project is a member of the OpenStack Big Tent Governance.
Kolla's mission statement is:
To provide production-ready containers and deployment tools for operating OpenStack clouds.
Kolla is highly opinionated out of the box, but allows for complete customization. This permits operators with little experience to deploy OpenStack quickly and as experience grows modify the OpenStack configuration to suit the operator's exact requirements.
Learn about Kolla by reading the documentation online docs.openstack.org.
Get started by reading the Developer Quickstart.
The Kolla developers build images in the kolla namespace for every tagged release and implement an Ansible roles for many but not all of them.
You can view the available images on Docker Hub or with the Docker CLI:
$ sudo docker search kolla
Kolla provides images to deploy the following OpenStack projects:
Kolla provides images to deploy the following infrastructure components:
- Ceph implementation for Cinder, Glance and Nova
- collectd, InfluxDB, and Grafana for performance monitoring.
- HAProxy and Keepalived for high availability of services and their endpoints.
- Heka A distributed and scalable logging system for OpenStack services.
- MariaDB and Galera Cluster for highly available MySQL databases
- MongoDB as a database backend for Ceilometer and Gnocchi
- Open vSwitch and Linuxbridge backends for Neutron
- RabbitMQ as a messaging backend for communication between services.
ansible- Contains Ansible playbooks to deploy Kolla in Docker containers.
demos- Contains a few demos to use with Kolla.
dev/vagrant- Contains a vagrant VirtualBox/Libvirt based development environment.
doc- Contains documentation.
docker- Contains jinja2 templates for the docker build system.
etc- Contains a reference etc directory structure which requires configuration of a small number of configuration variables to achieve a working All-in-One (AIO) deployment.
tests- Contains functional testing tools.
tools- Contains tools for interacting with Kolla.
specs- Contains the Kolla communities key arguments about architectural shifts in the code base.
Need a feature? Find a bug? Let us know! Contributions are much appreciated and should follow the standard Gerrit workflow.
- We communicate using the #openstack-kolla irc channel.
- File bugs, blueprints, track releases, etc on Launchpad.
- Attend weekly meetings.
- Contribute code.