Pylint does not play very well with dynamic object
manipulation in python This creates a lot of
false-positives in the code-base which affects
contributors looking for genuine failures.
So, this change
- adds pylint ignore statements where appropriate
to disable testing these lines of code and failing.
- replaces all the pylint error codes (they are
hard to remember/relate to) with error names
which are easier to understand when reading the
- initializes sqlalchemy model objects as dictionaries
which is a valid representation over None.
- removes ignore directives on six.moves which
is globally ignored in our pylintrc.
- adds alembic.op to the ignored
modules list since they are not supported by
pylint and have known issues.
This patch is the beginning of a series of
commits to use pylint in a sane way on manila code.