This change set updates the requirements to bring it in line with the
global-requirements from the core OpenStack. It also removes the
netifaces dependency. That is no longer required.
We're not sure...
But we think paramiko's recent 2.0.0 release somehow breaks a
requirement chain where *somebody* needs pycrypto and is no longer
getting it. Adding the requirement for pycrypto (synced with the
corresponding global requirement) resolves the tox errors seen in the
And the gate wasn't failing because... the pycrypto req was being picked
up some other way.
PowerVM has NVRAM that is associated with each VM on the system.
The NVRAM holds information about the VM such as which device
is the boot device. PowerVM produces an event when the NVRAM for
a VM is changed.
The NVRAM should be set on the VM during operations like cold
migration, resize to a different host and evacuation when the
VM is newly created on the destination host from an existing VM
on the source host.
This change set introduces the concept of an NVRAM store and
an NVRAM manager. The compute driver listens for the PowerVM
NVRAM change events and stores the NVRAM in the configured store.
A Swift store for the NVRAM is implemented.
Future change sets will utilize the NVRAM from the store on VM
operations and manage its life cycle. This change set does
include storing the NVRAM during migrate/resize and was included
to facilitate live testing.
The global requirements have changed again. This change set brings it
in line with the others.
The global requirements removed the python binding level for the
mock library. This change reflects that update.
Nova has a bash script that uses the ostestr package to format
the output from tox in a 'pretty' format. It makes it much more
readable. pretty_tox.sh is pulled from Nova as-is and enabled
Add support for installing nova powervm through the devstack plugins
infrastructure. This allows you to simply enable the plugin in a
devstack localrc, provide any non-default config, and run stack.sh
to configure/install it.
- Added plugin files
- Added README and example config
- Added bashate to tox test environments for scripts
The global requirements have recently been updated. This change set
updates the nova-powervm requirements to match the core
The spawn method added instance_type as a parameter in its method
signature. This change set adds support for that in the PowerVM driver.
Includes an addition for oslo-test which is pulled in by Nova in the
tests package now.
Initial driver that wraps the 'fake' implementation for PowerVM.
Also updates the tox.ini to match more of the pep8 rules that Nova
Provides an initial test case to validate that the driver can be
initialized. This requires updates to the test framework to pull
in further dependencies of Nova.
Initial work to enable the Nova PowerVM project in git.
The work done here provides:
- .gitignore - Indicate which files not to track within Git.
- .gitreview - Input to the git-review command on how to send to
- .testr.conf - Conf file input for the testr command (UT)
- CONTRIBUTING.rst - Information on how to contribute.
- HACKING.rst - Information on what needs to be done for updates.
- LICENSE - The license for the project
- README.rst - Information on what this project is. Currently this is
- openstack-common.conf - Required openstack configuration for all
- setup.cfg - Input to the setup.py on how to execute certain actions.
- setup.py - Used for build of the project.
- requirements.txt - Required packages (and levels) to run the code.
- test-requirements.txt - Required packages (and levels) in addition
to the requirements, that indicates what is
needed to run the UT.
- tox.ini - The input for the tox commands.
In addition, a base set of packages for the agent and unit tests were