CLI interface for nova status commands
- Manual section
- Manual group
nova-status <category> <action> [<args>]
The nova-status command provides routines for checking the status of a Nova deployment.
The standard pattern for executing a nova-status command is:
nova-status <category> <command> [<args>]
Run without arguments to see a list of available command categories:
Detailed descriptions are below.
You can also run with a category argument such as "upgrade" to see a list of all commands in that category:
These sections describe the available categories and arguments for nova-status.
nova-status upgrade check
Performs a release-specific readiness check before restarting services with new code. This command expects to have complete configuration and access to databases and services within a cell. For example, this check may query the Nova API database and one or more cell databases. It may also make requests to other services such as the Placement REST API via the Keystone service catalog.
Return code Description 0 All upgrade readiness checks passed successfully and there is nothing to do. 1 At least one check encountered an issue and requires further investigation. This is considered a warning but the upgrade may be OK. 2 There was an upgrade status check failure that needs to be investigated. This should be considered something that stops an upgrade. 255 An unexpected error occurred.
History of Checks
- Checks are added for cells v2 so
nova-status upgrade checkshould be run after running the
nova-manage cell_v2 simple_cell_setupcommand.
- Checks are added for the Placement API such that there is an endpoint in the Keystone service catalog, the service is running and the check can make a successful request to the endpoint. The command also checks to see that there are compute node resource providers checking in with the Placement service. More information on the Placement service can be found at: https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/user/placement.html
- Checks for the Placement API are modified to require version 1.4, that is needed in Pike and further for nova-scheduler to work correctly.
- OpenStack Nova Docs: https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/
- Nova bugs are managed at Launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova