This patch adds handler flushing as the last task in each role to ensure
that there are log files present when the rsyslog client configuration
task is executed a little later in the playbook that consumes the role.
This change implements the blueprint to convert all roles and plays into
a more generic setup, following upstream ansible best practices.
* All tasks have tags.
* All roles use namespaced variables.
* All redundant tasks within a given play and role have been removed.
* All of the repetitive plays have been removed in-favor of a more
simplistic approach. This change duplicates code within the roles but
ensures that the roles only ever run within their own scope.
* All roles have been built using an ansible galaxy syntax.
* The `*requirement.txt` files have been reformatted follow upstream
* Dynamically generated inventory is now more organized, this should assist
anyone who may want or need to dive into the JSON blob that is created.
In the inventory a properties field is used for items that customize containers
within the inventory.
* The environment map has been modified to support additional host groups to
enable the seperation of infrastructure pieces. While the old infra_hosts group
will still work this change allows for groups to be divided up into seperate
chunks; eg: deployment of a swift only stack.
* The LXC logic now exists within the plays.
* etc/openstack_deploy/user_variables.yml has all password/token
variables extracted into the separate file
etc/openstack_deploy/user_secrets.yml in order to allow seperate
security settings on that file.
* All of the roles have had the LXC logic removed from within them which
should allow roles to be consumed outside of the `os-ansible-deployment`
* the directory rpc_deployment still exists and is presently pointed at plays
containing a deprecation warning instructing the user to move to the standard
* While all of the rackspace specific components and variables have been removed
and or were refactored the repository still relies on an upstream mirror of
Openstack built python files and container images. This upstream mirror is hosted
at rackspace at "http://rpc-repo.rackspace.com" though this is
not locked to and or tied to rackspace specific installations. This repository
contains all of the needed code to create and/or clone your own mirror.
Co-Authored-By: Jesse Pretorius <email@example.com>
Implements: blueprint galaxy-roles