During NIC ordering all the VFs are expected to be skipped. But if DPDK drivers are bound to a VF, then those VFs are still taken in to account and is affecting the NIC ordering. The VFs bound to DPDK drivers also shall be removed from the NIC ordering logic resulting in consistency even with the re-run of os-net-config. Change-Id: I50af9f75b01addae0e13830cc7a863072f9be34c (cherry picked from commit
|1 year ago|
|doc/source||4 years ago|
|etc/os-net-config/samples||2 years ago|
|os_net_config||10 months ago|
|releasenotes||12 months ago|
|zuul.d||3 years ago|
|.coveragerc||4 years ago|
|.gitignore||3 years ago|
|.gitreview||2 years ago|
|.mailmap||7 years ago|
|.testr.conf||7 years ago|
|CONTRIBUTING.rst||7 years ago|
|HACKING.rst||7 years ago|
|LICENSE||7 years ago|
|README.rst||4 years ago|
|babel.cfg||7 years ago|
|requirements.txt||2 years ago|
|setup.cfg||3 years ago|
|setup.py||4 years ago|
|test-requirements.txt||2 years ago|
|tox.ini||2 years ago|
host network configuration tool
An implementation of the 'network configuration' spec @ https://review.openstack.org/#/c/97859/. The intention is for this code to be moved under the tripleo project in due course.
The core aim of this project is to allow fine grained (but extendable) configuration of the networking parameters for a network host. The project consists of:
- A CLI (os-net-config) which provides configuration via a YAML or JSON file formats. By default os-net-config uses a YAML config file located at /etc/os-net-config/config.yaml. This can be customized via the --config-file CLI option.
- A python library which provides configuration via an object model.
- Configure an OVS bridge with a single attached interface (port)
Providers are use to apply (implement) the desired configuration on the host system. By default 3 providers are implemented:
- Ifcfg: persistent network config format stored in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
- ENI: persistent network config format stored in /etc/network/interfaces
- iproute2: non-persistent provider which implements the config using iproute2, vconfig, etc... (implementation in progress)
When using bin/os-net-config the provider is automatically selected based on the host systems perferred persistent network type (ifcfg or ENI). This can be customized via the --provider CLI option.