The following are notes for reviewers on how to review changes for project-config. These notes are not exhaustive, they cover a few caveats that especially core reviewers should be aware of.
For changes to projects, there should be support by the project team that is affected. A couple of projects have listed infra liaisons at https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#Infra . Changes should only merge when at least one of the infra liaisons has given a +1. For not-listed projects, there are no rules but it might be good to ask for review by PTL or cores of the repo depending on the change.
There should be no non-voting jobs in the gate queue. Voting jobs should be in both check and gate queues.
New repo creations
Check the following:
- If publishing to PyPI is set up: Check that https://pypi.org/project/PROJECT exists and is set up for openstackci.
- Is this a new repository for a team that is part of the Big Tent? Then ask for a governance review and PTL+1.
- If there's no import ("upstream" keyword) of an existing repository, best check that the team really wants to start with a new empty repo and has no content to import. Either is fine, it's just that an import at repo creation time is easy, afterwards it only causes problems.
Big Tent resources
Check that publishing to docs.openstack.org or specs.openstack.org is only enabled for projects that are in the Big Tent (mentioned in governance repository). Similary, translation workflow is also only enabled for Big Tent projects.
Removing check-requirements job
- The http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/requirements repository holds list of projects that have check-requirements job in <root>/projects.txt.
- Whenever a review is submitted for removing check-requirements job, the reviewer should verify that the project has been removed from projects.txt already or that this project-config change depends on the review to remove it.
Jobs for persistent node
In general, nodes are off-lined after a job run. Some special nodes are not off-lined and long-lived. Ensure for these nodes that any job running on them is handled in zuul/openstack_functions.py.
Current nodes that are long-lived are: proposal, release, signing, wheel-mirror-*