This change defines manifest_dir and module_path expicitly in unit tests so that modules installed under fixtures directory is properly loaded. Closes-Bug: #1930403 Change-Id: I63d12a8c8a86b6e67f6958aff10e40f521af14aa
|4 months ago|
|doc||6 months ago|
|examples||2 years ago|
|lib/puppet||5 months ago|
|manifests||4 months ago|
|releasenotes||5 months ago|
|spec||4 months ago|
|.gitignore||3 years ago|
|.gitreview||2 years ago|
|.zuul.yaml||1 year ago|
|CONTRIBUTING.rst||1 year ago|
|Gemfile||1 year ago|
|LICENSE||4 years ago|
|README.md||1 year ago|
|Rakefile||6 years ago|
|bindep.txt||3 years ago|
|metadata.json||5 months ago|
|setup.cfg||4 months ago|
|setup.py||5 years ago|
|tox.ini||10 months ago|
Team and repository tags
Table of Contents
- Overview - What is the barbican module?
- Module Description - What does the module do?
- Setup - The basics of getting started with barbican
- Implementation - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
- Release Notes - Release notes for the project
- Contributors - Those with commits
- Repository - The project source code repository
The barbican module is a part of OpenStack, an effort by the OpenStack infrastructure team to provide continuous integration testing and code review for OpenStack and OpenStack community projects not part of the core software. The module itself is used to flexibly configure and manage the Key management service for OpenStack.
The barbican module is a thorough attempt to make Puppet capable of managing the entirety of barbican. This includes manifests to provision region specific endpoint and database connections. Types are shipped as part of the barbican module to assist in manipulation of configuration files.
What the barbican module affects
- Barbican, the Key management service for OpenStack.
barbican is not currently in Puppet Forge, but is anticipated to be added soon. Once that happens, you'll be able to install barbican with:
puppet module install openstack/barbican
Beginning with barbican
To utilize the barbican module's functionality you will need to declare multiple resources. The following is a modified excerpt from the openstack module. This is not an exhaustive list of all the components needed, we recommend you consult and understand the openstack module and the core openstack documentation.
barbican is a combination of Puppet manifest and ruby code to delivery configuration and extra functionality through types and providers.
- All the barbican types use the CLI tools and so need to be ran on the barbican node.
Developer documentation for the entire puppet-openstack project.