Developers run all sorts of different tools within Git repositories,
any of which can leave their own special trashfiles all over the
place. We can't every hope to catalog them all, so better to
recommend developers simply configure a global core.excludesfile to
filter the irrelevant files which tend to get created by their
personal choice of tools. Add a comment block explaining this, for
clarity, and remove the one current editor-specific entry present.
We can, and should of course, continue to list files created by the
tools recommended by our workflow (test frameworks, documentation
and packaging builds, et cetera).
This change is a port of Ib58a57267b064e4142686de6c37a70dbff04b9a7
from the openstack-dev/cookiecutter repository.
ReNo  is the release management tool in OpenStack.
This patch adds the basic structure to start using it.
* Update .gitignore
* Add a basic note "use-reno"
* Add releasenotes/ dir and basic files
* Add python files: setup.cfg, setup.py, test-requirements.txt and
In OpenStack Infra, we would like to run Puppet unit tests that
sometimes depends on other Puppet OpenStack modules.
Example: a patch in puppet-openstacklib that needs to be tested in puppet-nova.
This patch modifies the Rakefile to:
* clean spec_prep and spec_clean Rake tasks
* use openstack/puppet-openstack-integration/install_modules_unit.sh script
to clone modules.
* do not use .fixtures.yaml file to clone modules and rely on
zuul-cloner or git.
* Add openstack/ in gitignore so we never commit the
puppet-openstack-integration repository (can happen when spec_clean
did not run but you want to submit the patch anyway)
* Allow to run a custom Puppetfile if PUPPETFILE env is exported. It
will allow people to test the module with the dependencies they like,
feature we had with .fixtures.yaml.
Also add 'r10k' to Gemfile.
That way, we will be able to use zuul dependencies and run tests accross
modules like we do with functional testing.
This patch is the initial modulesync run, it impact:
* gitignore: just a sync between projects
- update and allow to setup facter version and gem source
- split beaker gems with a dedicated group
- switch to rspec-puppet 2.2.0
- use the new syntax for lint configuration
- add a acceptance target
- sync nodesets
* spec: added rspec coverage report