This repo is now testing only with Python 3, so let's make
a few cleanups:
- Remove python 2.7 stanza from setup.py
- Remove obsolete sections from setup.cfg
- Update classifiers
- Cleanup doc/source/conf.py to remove now obsolete content.
- Use newer openstackdocstheme version
- Remove install_command from tox.ini, the default is fine
- Remove unneeded test-requirements.txt file
- Use basepython=python3 for testenv, remove it elsewhere
The is one of community goals that each project could produce a
single PDF file. The pdf should be in the output of openstack-tox-docs
The list of changes:
- copy the docs testenvs' dependencies from
- do not place unrelated to the docs testenvs entries for the
test-requieremets.txt, add missing flake8
- add the missing sphinxcontrib-mermaid docs requirements
- render mermaid diagrams only for html builds, for PDF use a hand-made
quick and dirty approximation instead (if used for PDF builds, it
fails on the py3 deprecated warn() methos)
- add the project architecture and components into the main ToC, omit
rendering additional contents pages for PDF builds
- add a new pdf-docs environment to enable PDF build,
- sphinxcontrib-svg2pdfconverter is used to handle SVG properly,
- Add requirements for sphinx and poke it for openstackdocstheme,
- disable usage of xindy for tex,
- do not generate empty pages,
More about the goal:
TeX and few more packages may be needed to build PDF locally
(listed for bindep):
inkscape [doc platform:dpkg]
fonts-liberation [doc platform:dpkg]
texlive-latex-base [doc platform:dpkg]
texlive-latex-extra [doc platform:dpkg]
texlive-xetex [doc platform:dpkg]
texlive-fonts-recommended [doc platform:dpkg]
xindy [doc platform:dpkg]
latexmk [doc platform:dpkg]
texlive [doc platform:rpm]
texlive-fncychap [doc platform:rpm]
texlive-titlesec [doc platform:rpm]
texlive-tabulary [doc platform:rpm]
texlive-framed [doc platform:rpm]
texlive-wrapfig [doc platform:rpm]
texlive-upquote [doc platform:rpm]
texlive-capt-of [doc platform:rpm]
texlive-needspace [doc platform:rpm]
texlive-polyglossia [doc platform:rpm]
latexmk [doc platform:rpm]
python3-sphinxcontrib-svg2pdfconverter-common [doc platform:rpm]
librsvg2-tools [doc platform:rpm]
librsvg2-bin [doc platform:dpkg]
Signed-off-by: Bogdan Dobrelya <email@example.com>
We don't use python build_sphinx anymore, replace with sphinx-build
according to PTI. Remove related configuration from setup.cfg.
This repo builds only docs, so no need for a separate
doc/requirements.txt file, remove its usage.
Cleanup requirements files, we need only requirements for building docs.
Update conf.py for newer openstackdocstheme.
One conf.py was failing to pass falke8 and the other one was excluded.
Removed exclusion and fixed these filex as this is a more future proof
Before this change a clean clone of this repository would have failed
on `tox -e pep8`.
We want to default to running all tox environments under python 3, so
set the basepython value in each environment.
We do not want to specify a minor version number, because we do not
want to have to update the file every time we upgrade python.
We do not want to set the override once in testenv, because of that
breaks the more specific versions used in default environments like
py35 and py36.
* Move _custom & _templates at root, so both doc/ and deploy-guide/
can use it.
* Update tox.ini to generate deploy-guide.
* Very basic structure of deploy-guide.
* Removing duplicated _templates parameter from config.py.