We need to differentiate local_working_dir from working_dir as well as decouple the stack user from `ansible_user` var. Both of these are causing issues as we begin to automate deployments in more environments. - Cleanup duplicate variables that are consumed via extras-common - Note: extras-common depends on the common role in OOOQ - Cleanup redundant var and superfluous quotes from overcloud-scale role - Cleanup redundant comments in <role>/defaults/main.yml Closes-bug: 1654574 Change-Id: I9c7a3166ed1fc5042c11e420223134ea912b45c5
|6 years ago|
|defaults||6 years ago|
|meta||6 years ago|
|tasks||6 years ago|
|templates||6 years ago|
|tests||6 years ago|
|README.md||6 years ago|
An Ansible role to set up a machine to host a virtual undercloud for a TripleO deployment on baremetal nodes.
This role assumes that the host machine already has a nic on the provisioning network. The role assigns the nic an IP address.
Note: Make sure to include all environment file and options from your initial Overcloud creation
- virthost_provisioning_interface: -- NIC for the provisioning interface on the undercloud host
- virthost_provisioning_ip: <192.168.122.1> -- IP address for the provisioning interface on the undercloud host
- virthost_provisioning_netmask: <255.255.255.192> -- Netmask for the provisioning interface on the undercloud host
- virthost_provisioning_hwaddr: <52:54:00:00:76:00> -- MAC address the provisioning interface on the undercloud host
- working_dir: <'/home/stack'> -- working directory for the role.
The playbook included in this role calls https://github.com/redhat-openstack/ansible-role-tripleo-validate-ipmi and https://github.com/redhat-openstack/ansible-role-tripleo-baremetal-overcloud.
- Sample playbook to call the role
- name: Prepare the host for PXE forwarding hosts: virthost gather_facts: no roles: - ansible-role-tripleo-baremetal-prep-virthost