The following changes are made for PDF document.
- Sample config/policy files are skipped for PDF doc build.
We hit several problems around verbatim of inline samples
in neutron, nova and others, so we decided to skip them now.
Downloadable links also should be avoided in PDF doc
as PDF doc is expected to work alone.
- tocdepth for latex is explicitly set to 3 for better navigation
in the generated PDF. The default was 1 and we cannot provide
enough information in PDF TOC.
- The module index is disabled as the neutron document does not
generate a full module index and it shows only partial entries.
'makeindex' and 'printindex' are set to empty in latex_elements.
The existing contents (mainly the top page) are reorganized a bit
for a better TOC of the generated PDF document:
- The top page of the documentation is simplified only with toctree
to avoid almost duplicated entries in the TOC of the PDF documentation.
The current TOC for PDF doc seems to use section titles as the first
level and title of linked pages as the second level. They are almost
same and the generated TOC would be redundant.
- The link to the API reference in the top page was moved
to a subdirectory so that PDF TOC can include it.
- 'Search' section is shown in index.rst only when the builder is 'html'
as this section uses a form and makes sense only for HTML doc.