Team and repository tags
Table of Contents
- Module Description - What the module does and why it is useful
- Setup - The basics of getting started with ovn
Puppet module for the OVN project.
This module has two class
- ovn::northd to be used in machines that needs to run ovn-northd daemon
- ovn::controller to be used in the compute nodes
ovn::northd just installs the ovn package and starts the ovn-northd serivce. ovn::controller installs ovn package and starts the ovn-controller service. Before starting ovn-controller process it updates the external_ids column of Open_vSwitch table in vswitchd ovsdb. It relies on external data for some of its parameters
- ovn_remote_ip - This should point to the url where ovn-nb and ovn-sb db server is running
- ovn_encap_ip - This should point to the ip address that other hypervisors would use to tunnel to this hypervisor.
- ovn_encap_type - Encapsulation type to be used by this controller. Defaults to geneve
Release notes for the project can be found at: https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/puppet-ovn/
The project source code repository is located at: https://opendev.org/openstack/puppet-ovn/
Developer documentation for the entire puppet-openstack project can be found at: https://docs.openstack.org/puppet-openstack-guide/latest/