[1.6.0] - 2019-11-29
Please note that Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. A future version of Rally will drop support for Python 2.7, it will happen soon. Also, the same will happen with support of Python 3.4 and Python 3.5
- Removed the former multiattach support dropped in Cinder Train (5.0.0)
- Removed the former
sort_dir support at listing cinder volumes.
- Improved logging message for the number of used threads while creating keystone users and projects/tenants at users@openstack context.
- Updated upper-constraints
- Improved check for existing rules at allow_ssh context.
[1.5.0] - 2019-05-29
- libpq-dev dependency to docker image for supporting external PostgreSQL backend
- Extend configuration of identity section for tempest with endpoint type
- A new option user_password is added to users context for specifying certain password for new users.
- Default Cinder service type is switched to block-storage as it is new unversioned endpoint.
api_versions@openstack context or
api_info property of environment configuration should be used for selecting another service type.
- Rally 1.5.1 is used by default. Minimum required version is not changed.
- Default source of tempest is switched from git.openstack.org to git.opendev.org due to recent infrastructure changes.
For performance optimization some calls from python-barbicanclient to Barbican API are lazy. In case of secret representation, until any property is invoked on it, no real call to API is made which affects timings of obtaining the resource and slows down cleanup process.
- Tempest configurator was case sensitive while filtering roles by name.
python 3 incompatibility while uploading glance images
[1.4.0] - 2019-03-07
- Added neutron trunk scenarios
- Added barbican scenarios
- [scenario plugin] BarbicanContainers.list
- [scenario plugin] BarbicanContainers.create_and_delete
- [scenario plugin] BarbicanContainers.create_and_add
- [scenario plugin] BarbicanContainers.create_certificate_and_delete
- [scenario plugin] BarbicanContainers.create_rsa_and_delete
- [scenario plugin] BarbicanSecrets.list
- [scenario plugin] BarbicanSecrets.create
- [scenario plugin] BarbicanSecrets.create_and_delete
- [scenario plugin] BarbicanSecrets.create_and_get
- [scenario plugin] BarbicanSecrets.get
- [scenario plugin] BarbicanSecrets.create_and_list
- [scenario plugin] BarbicanSecrets.create_symmetric_and_delete
- Added octavia scenarios
- [scenario plugin] Octavia.create_and_list_loadbalancers
- [scenario plugin] Octavia.create_and_delete_loadbalancers
- [scenario plugin] Octavia.create_and_update_loadbalancers
- [scenario plugin] Octavia.create_and_stats_loadbalancers
- [scenario plugin] Octavia.create_and_show_loadbalancers
- [scenario plugin] Octavia.create_and_list_pools
- [scenario plugin] Octavia.create_and_delete_pools
- [scenario plugin] Octavia.create_and_update_pools
- [scenario plugin] Octavia.create_and_show_pools
- Support for osprofiler config in Devstack plugin.
- Added property 'floating_ip_enabled' in magnum cluster_templates context.
- Enhanced neutron trunk port scenario to create multiple trunks
- Enhanced NeutronSecurityGroup.create_and_list_security_group_rules
- Added three new trunk port related scenarios
- [scenario plugin] NeutronTrunks.boot_server_with_subports
- [scenario plugin] NeutronTrunks.boot_server_and_add_subports
- [scenario plugin] NeutronTrunks.boot_server_and_batch_add_subports
- Added neutron scenarios [scenario plugin] NeutronNetworks.associate_and_dissociate_floating_ips
- Extend CinderVolumes.list_volumes scenario arguments.
region_name from environment specification while initializing keystone client.
- Fetching OSProfiler trace-info for some drivers.
https_insecure is not passed to manilaclient
[1.3.0] - 2018-10-08
- Support Python 3.7 environment.
- New options
https_key are added to the spec for
existing@openstack platform to represent client certificate bundle and key files. Also the support for appropriate system environment variables (
OS_KEY) is added.
existing@openstack plugin now supports a new field
api_info for specifying not default API version/service_type to use. The format and purpose is similar to api_versions task context.
- Added Cinder V3 support and use it as the default version. You could use api_versions context or api_info option of the spec to choose the proper version.
- The documentation for
existing@openstack plugin is extended with information about accepted system environment variables via
rally env create --from-sysenv command.
- Our requirements are updated as like upper-constraints (the list of suggested tested versions to use)
- Error messages become more user-friendly in
rally env check.
- Deprecate api_info argument of all clients plugins which inherits from OSClient and deprecate api_version argument of
rally_openstack.cleanup.manager.cleanup. API information (not default version/service_type to use) has been included into credentials dictionary.
- The proper packages are added to docker image to support MySQL and PostgreSQL as DB backends.
- Rename an action
nova.snapshot_server for better understanding for what is actually done.
- Remove deprecated wrappers (rally_openstack.wrappers) and helpers (scenario utils) for Keystone, Cinder, Glance services. The new service model should be used instead (see
rally_openstack.services module for more details) while developing custom plugins. All the inner plugins have been using the new code for a long time.
- Remove deprecated properties insecure, cacert (use https_insecure and https_cacert properties instead) and method list_services (use appropriate method of Clients object) from rally_openstack.credentials.OpenStackCredentials object.
- Remove deprecated in Rally 0.10.0
- Keypairs are now properly cleaned up after the execution of Magnum workloads.
[1.2.0] - 2018-06-25
Rally 1.0.0 has released. This is a major release which doesn't contain in-tree OpenStack plugins. Also, this release extends flexibility of validating required platforms which means that logic of required admin/users for the plugin can be implemented at rally-openstack side and this is done in rally-openstack 1.2.0
Also, it is sad to mention, but due to OpenStack policies we need to stop duplicating release notes at
git tag message. At least for now.
[1.1.0] - 2018-05-11
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiMetric.list_metric
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiMetric.create_metric
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiMetric.create_delete_metric
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiResource.create_resource
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiResource.create_delete_resource
- Introduce __version__, __version_tuple__ at rally_openstack module. As like other python packages each release of rally-openstack package can introduce new things, deprecate or even remove other ones. To simplify integration with other plugins which depends on rally-openstack, the new properties can be used with proper checks.
- Docker image ported to publish images from rally-openstack repo instead of using the rally framework repository. Also, the CI is extended to check ability to build Docker image for any of changes.
- An interface of ResourceType plugins is changed since Rally 0.12. All our plugins are adopted to support it. The port is done in a backward compatible way, so the minimum required version of Rally still is 0.11.0, but we suggest you to use the latest release of Rally.
- Calculation of the duration for "nova.bind_actions" action. It shows only duration of initialization Rally inner class and can be easily misunderstood as some kind of "Nova operation". Affects 1 inner scenario "NovaServers.boot_and_bounce_server".
required_services validator should not check services which are configured via
api_versions@openstack context since the proper validation is done at the context itself. The inner check for
required_services checked only
api_versions string is also valid name for the context (if there is no other
api_versions contexts for other platforms, but the case of name conflict is covered by another check).
[1.0.0] - 2018-03-28
A start of a fork from rally/plugins/openstack module of original OpenStack Rally project
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiArchivePolicy.list_archive_policy
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiArchivePolicy.create_archive_policy
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiArchivePolicy.create_delete_archive_policy
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiResourceType.list_resource_type
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiResourceType.create_resource_type
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiResourceType.create_delete_resource_type
- [scenario plugin] NeutronSubnets.delete_subnets
- [ci] New Zuul V3 native jobs
- Extend existing@openstack platform to support creating a specification based on system environment variables. This feature should be available with Rally>0.11.1
- Methods for association and dissociation floating ips were deprecated in novaclient a year ago and latest major release (python-novaclient 10) doesn't include them. These actions should be performed via neutronclient now. It is not as simple as it was via Nova-API and you can find more neutron-related atomic actions in results of workloads.
- os-hosts CLIs and python API bindings had been deprecated in python-novaclient 9.0.0 and became removed in 10.0.0 release. This decision affected 2 scenarios NovaHosts.list_hosts and NovaHosts.list_and_get_hosts which become redundant and we cannot leave them (python-novaclient doesn't have proper interfaces any more).
- The support of kubernetes python client (which is used by Magnum plugins) is not limited by 3.0.0 max version. You can use more modern releases of that library.