|1 day ago|
|doc||2 weeks ago|
|etc||1 year ago|
|infrared_plugin||2 weeks ago|
|playbooks||4 months ago|
|releasenotes||9 months ago|
|roles||3 weeks ago|
|tobiko||1 day ago|
|tools||4 months ago|
|zuul.d||2 months ago|
|.ansible-lint||3 years ago|
|.coveragerc||4 years ago|
|.dockerignore||2 years ago|
|.gitignore||1 year ago|
|.gitreview||4 years ago|
|.pre-commit-config.yaml||7 months ago|
|.pylintrc||1 year ago|
|.readthedocs.yaml||2 weeks ago|
|.stestr.conf||4 years ago|
|Dockerfile||11 months ago|
|LICENSE||3 years ago|
|Pipfile||4 years ago|
|README.rst||1 year ago|
|ansible.cfg||3 years ago|
|bindep.txt||11 months ago|
|docker-compose.yml||11 months ago|
|extra-requirements.txt||11 months ago|
|linters-requirements.txt||1 year ago|
|lower-constraints.txt||2 months ago|
|mypy.ini||1 year ago|
|pytest.ini||1 month ago|
|requirements.txt||2 months ago|
|setup.cfg||1 year ago|
|setup.py||5 years ago|
|test-requirements.txt||1 year ago|
|tobiko.conf.example||1 year ago|
|tox.ini||1 month ago|
|upper-constraints.txt||11 months ago|
Test Big Cloud Operations
Tobiko is an OpenStack testing framework focusing on areas mostly complementary to Tempest. While Tempest main focus has been testing OpenStack rest APIs, the main Tobiko focus is to test OpenStack system operations while "simulating" the use of the cloud as the final user would.
Tobiko's test cases populate the cloud with workloads such as Nova instances; they execute disruption operations such as services/nodes restart; finally they run test cases to validate that the cloud workloads are still functional.
Tobiko's test cases can also be used, for example, for testing that previously created workloads are working right after OpenStack services update/upgrade operation.
Tobiko Python framework is being automatically tested with below Python versions:
- Python 3.6
- Python 3.8
- Python 3.9
- Python 3.10 (new)
and below Linux distributions:
- CentOS 7 / RHEL 7 (with Python 3.6)
- CentOS 8 / RHEL 8 (with Python 3.6)
- CentOS 9 / RHEL 8 (with Python 3.9) (new)
- Fedora 34 (with Python 3.9)
- Fedora 35 (with Python 3.10)
- Ubuntu Focal (with Python 3.8)
Tobiko has also been tested for development purposes with below OSes:
- OSX (with Python 3.6 to 3.10)
- Ubuntu Bionic (with Python 3.6)
The Tobiko Python framework is being used to implement test cases. As Tobiko can be executed on nodes that are not part of the cloud to test against, this doesn't mean Tobiko requires cloud nodes have to run with one of above Python versions or Linux distributions.
There is also a Docker file that can be used to create a container for running test cases from any node that do support containers execution.
Main Project Goals
To test OpenStack and Red Hat OpenStack Platform projects before they are released.
To provide a Python framework to write system scenario test cases (create and test workloads).
To verify previously created workloads are working fine after executing OpenStack nodes update/upgrade.
To write white boxing test cases (to log to cloud nodes for internal inspection purpose).
To write disruptive test cases (to simulate service disruptions like for example rebooting/interrupting a service to verify cloud reliability).
To provide Ansible roles implementing a workflow designed to run an ordered sequence of test suites. For example a workflow could do below steps:
- creates workloads;
- run disruptive test cases (IE reboot OpenStack nodes or services);
- verify workloads are still working.
The main use of these roles is writing continuous integration jobs for Zuul or other services like Jenkins (IE by using the Tobiko InfraRed plug-in).
To provide tools to monitor and recollect the healthy status of the cloud as seen from user perspective (black-box testing) or from an inside point of view (white-box testing built around SSH client).
- Free software: Apache License, Version 2.0
- Documentation: https://tobiko.readthedocs.io/
- Release notes: https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/tobiko/
- Source code: https://opendev.org/x/tobiko
- Bugs: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project/x/tobiko
- Code review: https://review.opendev.org/q/project:x/tobiko
- OpenStack: https://www.openstack.org/
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform: https://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/linux-platforms/openstack-platform
- Python: https://www.python.org/
- Testtools: https://github.com/testing-cabal/testtools
- Ansible: https://www.ansible.com/
- InfraRed: https://infrared.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
- DevStack: https://docs.openstack.org/devstack/latest/
- Zuul: https://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/zuul.html
- Jenkins: https://www.jenkins.io/