Bifrost (pronounced bye-frost) is a set of Ansible playbooks that automates the task of deploying a base image onto a set of known hardware using ironic. It provides modular utility for one-off operating system deployment with as few operational requirements as reasonably possible.
The mission of bifrost is to provide an easy path to deploy ironic in a stand-alone fashion, in order to help facilitate the deployment of infrastucture, while also being a configurable project that can consume other OpenStack components to allow users to easily customize the environment to fit their needs, and drive forward the stand-alone perspective.
Use cases include:
- Installation of ironic in standalone/noauth mode without other OpenStack components.
- Deployment of an operating system to a known pool of hardware as a batch operation.
- Testing and development of ironic in the standalone mode.
- Bifrost's documentation can be found at:
- Release notes are at:
- The project source code repository is located at:
- Bugs can be filed in launchpad: